Bear Levin Studer Family YMCA has new facility hours beginning Sunday, Feb. 5: Monday-Friday 5 am – 9 pm; Saturday 7 am – 5 pm; Sunday noon – 5 pm
The downtown Y has added 3,000 new members. On a typical weekday, the facility as 1,300-1,400 members checking-in, plus guests, prospective members, program participants and Andrews patients, that raise the daily traffic to more than 1,500 bodies in the branch each day.
The Y staff set out these TOP 10 reminders:
- Always check in when you visit the Y, either by scanning your card or punching in on the key pad.
- A guest must be 18 to sign himself in. If your teenager is bringing a friend, or if you are bringing a minor child as a guest, we need the parent’s signature on a youth permission form. Speaking of guests – yes, you may bring the same guest more than once, but the guest policy isn’t meant to be a 2-for-1. If the same guest checks in several times in a short period, we will ask her to join.
- All classes are open and included with membership. But to join a Spinning or Cycle Circuit class, stop by or call the Welcome Center the day of or day before class to reserve your bike.
- The pool is a popular place, so we ask all lap swimmers to share lanes – lifeguards will help facilitate circle swimming as needed – and observe a 30-minute time limit when others are waiting.
- We expect proper attire as part of our family atmosphere – covered midriffs, appropriate swimsuits, no offensive words or symbols.
- Let others work in between your sets, rather than sitting on strength equipment while resting. And when you’re done with a piece of equipment, clean up for the next member.
- KidZone is a nut-free zone. For the safety of those with allergies, we appreciate your cooperation.
- To help keep the steam room and sauna clean, lifeguards will hose and squeegee these areas four times a day during open hours. Please cooperate if a guard asks you to step outside for the few brief minutes it takes for this task. As part of our cleaning protocol, we ask you not to wear street shoes/workout shoes in these spaces.
- Remember our mobile app is live – search “YMCA of Northwest Florida” to keep up with the latest on all hours, schedules, classes and programs at all of our branches.
- Yes, we know that parking is tough right now. (Remember, staff have to park too.) Please be sure not to park in a private lot that is so marked. If you’re outside of the white lines on Tarragona or Government, you do risk a ticket. Please don’t use our 10-minute parking spots for more than 10 minutes, and don’t block the POD storage at the rear of the building. We appreciate your patience and ask you to plan a few extra minutes to park. The garage will be open soon.