Why would Republican Conservatives be the ones to want to cut funding to PBS right when it’s “delivering such a soothing message about the benevolent rich” as Downton Abbey? If you were one of those flipping back and forth during the game last night – you weren’t alone. Los Angeles Times Television Critic, Mary McNamara chronicles the devices producers use to make Americans comfortable… very comfortable .. with a British era when the have nots really did have not. The servants are “part of the family” and we don’t witness them “chew on gristle and die in childbirth.” Probably the same reason “Gone with the Wind” is still such a great movie, it’s filtered through modern notions and nice lighting…. READ.
- Senate proposes new protections against inmate abuse
- Jeb Bush's immigration plan: 'Find where they are and politely ask them to leave'
- Longtime advocate: Insurance chief from Louisiana could be bad news for consumers
- Coincidence? Husband of top House aide lands six-figure gig at DOE
- Rubio wants permanent extension of 'counterterrorism tools'
- Road Trip: AP Legislative Planning Session
- WSRE: Legislative Review: Dialogue with the Delegation airs on Jan. 29
- WCOA hosts town hall meeting with Congressman Jeff Miller on Friday
- Lawmakers to consider new medical marijuana plan
- Scott’s press office responds with written answers to the firing/resignation of FDLE commissioner