Why would Republican Conservatives be the ones to want to cut funding to PBS right when it’s “delivering such a soothing message about the benevolent rich” as Downton Abbey? If you were one of those flipping back and forth during the game last night – you weren’t alone. Los Angeles Times Television Critic, Mary McNamara chronicles the devices producers use to make Americans comfortable… very comfortable .. with a British era when the have nots really did have not. The servants are “part of the family” and we don’t witness them “chew on gristle and die in childbirth.” Probably the same reason “Gone with the Wind” is still such a great movie, it’s filtered through modern notions and nice lighting…. READ.
2008 Election Ashton Hayward Billings murders BP Charlie Crist City of Pensacola Clay Ford CMPA COMMUNITY MARITIME PARK David Morgan Don Gaetz Downtown Pensacola economic development ECUA Education election Environment Escambia Co. Politics Escambia County Escambia county commission Escambia Sheriff Florida Florida House Gene Valentino George Touart Grover Robinson House District 3 Jeff Miller Malcolm Thomas Marty Donovan mayor ashton hayward Media News Journal oil spill Pensacola Pensacola Beach Pensacola City Council Pensacola Politics Port of Pensacola Republicans restore act Rick Scott Santa Rosa County Save Our City University of West Florida
State & National
- Rubio's claim about role fathers play in child's success gets 'Half True'
- Frankel joins in Democratic fundraising frenzy over Obama lawsuit/impeachment talk
- Hillary Clinton: End the Cuban embargo
- What do Rick Scott and Justin Bieber have in common? (Hint: Not the hair)
- Plaintiffs want expert to redraw congressional map before November election