BP faces fraud claims by investors who said the company lied before and after the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill about its accident response capability, thanks to a ruling by U.S. District Judge Keith P. Ellison in Houston yesterday. Ellison said that holders of BP American depositary receipts to pursue claims alleging violations of U.S. securities law. He dismissed claims by investors who bought ordinary shares of London-based BP, saying his court has no jurisdiction over them. Read more.
- Sen. Arthenia Joyner, D-Tampa, gives Democratic response to State of the State
- Gardiner vows to push the debate on health care
- Gov. Scott's fifth State of State speech: 'Everything is possible'
- Florida reaction to Netanyahu speech
- Crisafulli pushes overhaul of state water policy, testing; $500 million plus in tax cuts