Congress, even a Republican-controlled one, can’t control its avarice when it comes to billions that BP will have to pay in environmental fines for the BP Deepwater Horizon disaster. According to D.C. insiders, the buzz is that BP could try to settle with the U.S. Justice Department at the end of February to avoid a trial. If that happens before Congress passes a law directing the fine money back to the Gulf Coast states, Florida and the others can just get back in line and wait some more. Read viewpoint.
- NC board approves schools after they cut ties with Newpoint
- Podcast: Bergosh pre-files for County Commission District 1 seat
- Lovett and other Bay County staff part ways with Newpoint
- State may require charter school operators to give more history
- Newpoint Education has attendance problems in Ohio, too