The Wall Street Journal is reporting the BP announced that its net profit for the three months ending Sept. 30 was $4.91 billion, compared with $1.79 billion a year earlier. The sharp increase was owing to the $7.66 billion pre-tax charge that BP booked for the Gulf spill in the third quarter of 2010. Revenue rose to $97.59 billion, from $74.65 billion.
- City workers union endorses Mike Lowery for County Commission, District 4
- City employee fired for interference in political races
- City reaches tentative agreement with firefighters union
- Backroom Briefing: GOP, Democrats go to war over women
- First Amendment Foundation asks candidates about their private email accounts and computers