The Wall Street Journal is reporting the BP announced that its net profit for the three months ending Sept. 30 was $4.91 billion, compared with $1.79 billion a year earlier. The sharp increase was owing to the $7.66 billion pre-tax charge that BP booked for the Gulf spill in the third quarter of 2010. Revenue rose to $97.59 billion, from $74.65 billion.
- Scott's latest LIP plan avoids state money but costs hospitals
- Bill Nelson calls for answers after Army anthrax mishap
- Scott all but threatens veto of Senate FHIX health care plan
- PolitiFact Florida: Checking Jeb Bush on ISIS and bond ratings, plus a special session preview
- President Obama visits National Hurricane Center in Miami