The Independent News learned yesterday that the medical director for the Escambia County Jail, David Benoit, was put on administrative leave. Commissioner Lumon May confirmed the rumor last night. May said that he had been told late Monday afternoon by incoming County Administrator Jack Brown about the decision, but the commissioner did not know the specific reasons for the administrative leave.
- Hillary Clinton returns to Florida July 31 for National Urban League speech
- Judge lifts stay: Abortion waiting period won't be enforced
- Fla GOP leaders to hold immigration conference call
- Putnam's plea for pre-veto face time with Gov. Scott was ignored
- AG Bondi: Florida to receive $3.25 billion in BP oil spill claims