The Independent News learned yesterday that the medical director for the Escambia County Jail, David Benoit, was put on administrative leave. Commissioner Lumon May confirmed the rumor last night. May said that he had been told late Monday afternoon by incoming County Administrator Jack Brown about the decision, but the commissioner did not know the specific reasons for the administrative leave.
- NC board approves schools after they cut ties with Newpoint
- Podcast: Bergosh pre-files for County Commission District 1 seat
- Lovett and other Bay County staff part ways with Newpoint
- State may require charter school operators to give more history
- Newpoint Education has attendance problems in Ohio, too