The Independent News learned yesterday that the medical director for the Escambia County Jail, David Benoit, was put on administrative leave. Commissioner Lumon May confirmed the rumor last night. May said that he had been told late Monday afternoon by incoming County Administrator Jack Brown about the decision, but the commissioner did not know the specific reasons for the administrative leave.
- Scott's latest LIP plan avoids state money but costs hospitals
- Bill Nelson calls for answers after Army anthrax mishap
- Scott all but threatens veto of Senate FHIX health care plan
- PolitiFact Florida: Checking Jeb Bush on ISIS and bond ratings, plus a special session preview
- President Obama visits National Hurricane Center in Miami