The Independent News learned yesterday that the medical director for the Escambia County Jail, David Benoit, was put on administrative leave. Commissioner Lumon May confirmed the rumor last night. May said that he had been told late Monday afternoon by incoming County Administrator Jack Brown about the decision, but the commissioner did not know the specific reasons for the administrative leave.
- Just when you think Rubio's down ...
- Jeb Bush confronts DNC's 'silly talking points'
- Data Targeting's Christmas card reveals its secret message
- Poll: Cuban-Americans split on Obama’s Cuba policy, divided along generational lines
- Supreme Court denies stay in Florida gay marriage case; couples could marry after Jan. 5