The Wall St. Journal is reporting that BP and the lawyers for those hurt by the massive 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill are discussing a possible $14 billion settlement, which will be paid out of the $20 billion fund the oil giant set up for its Gulf Coast Claims Facility. BP still faces environmental penalties that could be an additional $20 billion as well as criminal charges.
- Court hears case over redistricting docs, consultant claims conspiracy
- GOP consultant threatens court that its 'intrigity is at stake' over his case
- Crist releases "4,000 lies' response ad to Scott's 'swindle"
- The brand of Duke Energy is poison in Tampa Bay
- Elections panel tosses 'cops as props' complaint against Scott