The Wall St. Journal is reporting that BP and the lawyers for those hurt by the massive 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill are discussing a possible $14 billion settlement, which will be paid out of the $20 billion fund the oil giant set up for its Gulf Coast Claims Facility. BP still faces environmental penalties that could be an additional $20 billion as well as criminal charges.
2008 Election Ashton Hayward Billings murders BP Charlie Crist City of Pensacola Clay Ford CMPA COMMUNITY MARITIME PARK David Morgan Don Gaetz Downtown Pensacola economic development ECUA Education election Environment Escambia Co. Politics Escambia County Escambia county commission Escambia Sheriff Florida Florida House Gene Valentino George Touart Grover Robinson House District 3 Jeff Miller Malcolm Thomas Marty Donovan mayor ashton hayward Media News Journal oil spill Pensacola Pensacola Beach Pensacola City Council Pensacola Politics Port of Pensacola Republicans restore act Rick Scott Santa Rosa County Save Our City University of West Florida
State & National
- Prison visit uncovers another death, prompts another suspension
- Redistricting ruling: big change or status quo?
- David Rivera bails on Congressional bid, says he'll seek state House seat
- Florida GOP calls LeBron James and Charlie Crist quitters
- Pro-Scott sheriffs criticize Crist over his '10-20-Life' comments