The Wall St. Journal is reporting that BP and the lawyers for those hurt by the massive 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill are discussing a possible $14 billion settlement, which will be paid out of the $20 billion fund the oil giant set up for its Gulf Coast Claims Facility. BP still faces environmental penalties that could be an additional $20 billion as well as criminal charges.
- City workers union endorses Mike Lowery for County Commission, District 4
- City employee fired for interference in political races
- City reaches tentative agreement with firefighters union
- Backroom Briefing: GOP, Democrats go to war over women
- First Amendment Foundation asks candidates about their private email accounts and computers