The Wall St. Journal is reporting that BP and the lawyers for those hurt by the massive 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill are discussing a possible $14 billion settlement, which will be paid out of the $20 billion fund the oil giant set up for its Gulf Coast Claims Facility. BP still faces environmental penalties that could be an additional $20 billion as well as criminal charges.
- DOC says whiste-blower testimony was erased because it allegedly violated HIPAA
- DOC investigates whistle-blowers, has audio scrubbed of testimony under oath
- Obama to visit Florida on Wednesday to urge action on climate change
- Climate change group praises Jeb Bush for 'leadership'
- Hillary Clinton staying away from Fla, but her supporters get rolling