Over the weekend, I heard about two polls that have been conducted on the Escambia County Commission races. The rumor is former county administrator George Touart is ahead of incumbent Gene Valentino by 8 percentage points in the District 2 race. And surprisingly the District 4 race has newcomer Dennis Green almost even with incumbent Grover Robinson. I couldn’t get the actual numbers for all the other candidates and the undecideds.
- Legislature unlikely to address gambling during August special session
- Jeb Bush to National Urban League: 'There are unjust barriers to opportunity and upward mobility in this country'
- Gov. Rick Scott touts Forbes naming six Florida cities as top job growers
- Poll: 68 percent of Floridians favor clean energy goal
- Jeb Bush’s ‘inclusive’ message to face tough test before African Americans
- NC board approves schools after they cut ties with Newpoint
- Podcast: Bergosh pre-files for County Commission District 1 seat
- Lovett and other Bay County staff part ways with Newpoint
- State may require charter school operators to give more history
- Newpoint Education has attendance problems in Ohio, too