Bloomberg reports Cameron International Corp. lost its appeal to derail the February nonjury trial over which companies should be blamed for the 2010 BP Plc oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. A panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit rejected Cameron’s claim that U.S. District Judge Carl Barbier wrongly cited maritime law to allow him to conduct a nonjury trial over liability for the incident. Read more.
2008 Election Ashton Hayward Billings murders BP Charlie Crist City of Pensacola Clay Ford CMPA COMMUNITY MARITIME PARK David Morgan Don Gaetz Downtown Pensacola ECUA election Environment Escambia Co. Politics Escambia County Escambia county commission Escambia Sheriff Florida Florida House Gannett Gene Valentino George Touart Grover Robinson House District 3 Jeff Miller Malcolm Thomas Marty Donovan mayor ashton hayward Media News Journal oil spill Pensacola Pensacola Beach Pensacola City Council pensacola international airport Pensacola Politics Port of Pensacola Republicans restore act Rick Scott Santa Rosa County Save Our City University of West Florida
- Nominees for PSC posts include Patronis, Murzin and Brown
- Climate activists protest but candidates for PSC ignore the issue
- Medical cannabis concerns unfounded, Amendment 2 organizer says
- Teachers union, school boards association unveil voucher lawsuit
- A sample of substance from the text messages that didn't exist