Escambia County officials have assured Inweekly that media will be allowed to ask questions tonight at the town meeting on the International Paper mill explosion. Reporters can address the panel after the public has had its questions answered by IP representatives, its contractors and government officials.
The town hall will be held in the Tate High School Cafeteria/Auditorium located at 1771 Tate Road. Doors will open at 5:30 p.m. and the event will begin at 6 p.m. Attendees should park and enter using the school’s North gate, also known as the football gate.
The Panel that will handle questions includes:
· Chris Russell – Federal On Scene Coordinator (FOSC) – Environmental Protection Agency
· Shawn Hamilton – Director – NW District Office, Fla. Dept. of Environmental Protection
· Dr. John Lanza – Director – Florida Department of Health in Escambia County
· Brett De Jong – Mill Manager – International Paper
· Dr. Paul Nony – Senior Toxicologist – Center for Toxicology and Environmental Health
· Russell White – Regional Vice President – Cotton
· Tim Day – Environmental Programs Manager – Escambia County