Boston Globe columnist Juliette Kayyem thinks so. Concurrent criminal charges were filed against three BP employees, two of them supervisors on the rig. “The company’s plea arrangement leaves the three defendants alone — as villains or perhaps as scapegoats — to fend for themselves,” according to Kayyem. She believes that BP, in admitting its own guilt, protected its senior management from prison but left its employees to face trials. Read more.
- Donald Trump: Jeb will never be able to secure borders, negotiate deals well, care for vets
- Winner and loser of the week in Fla politics
- Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio hit July 4 parades in New Hampshire
- John Romano column: Gay couples at home in The Villages
- Eyeing Senate bid, Lopez-Cantera faces decision: Stay or go?