The Los Angeles Times reports that drugs exceeded motor vehicle accidents as a cause of death in 2009, killing at least 37,485 people nationwide, according to preliminary data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. While most major causes of preventable death are declining, drugs are an exception. The death toll has doubled in the last decade, now claiming a life every 14 minutes. Read more.
- NC board approves schools after they cut ties with Newpoint
- Podcast: Bergosh pre-files for County Commission District 1 seat
- Lovett and other Bay County staff part ways with Newpoint
- State may require charter school operators to give more history
- Newpoint Education has attendance problems in Ohio, too