The Los Angeles Times reports that drugs exceeded motor vehicle accidents as a cause of death in 2009, killing at least 37,485 people nationwide, according to preliminary data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. While most major causes of preventable death are declining, drugs are an exception. The death toll has doubled in the last decade, now claiming a life every 14 minutes. Read more.
- Marco Rubio is 44 years old (or young)
- House offers up health care bills aimed at cutting costs but they could also ignite turf battles
- Judge ends challenge to marijuana rule, low-THC strain could be sold by end of year
- Obama spokesman says Florida GOP putting politics over poor people in Medicaid fight
- Did Marco Rubio say felons should be barred from voting but get their guns back?