The Los Angeles Times reports that drugs exceeded motor vehicle accidents as a cause of death in 2009, killing at least 37,485 people nationwide, according to preliminary data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. While most major causes of preventable death are declining, drugs are an exception. The death toll has doubled in the last decade, now claiming a life every 14 minutes. Read more.
- How city of Pensacola dealt with questions about Molton Allen and Williams
- City showed investments were competitively bid
- Hayward and Jerry Pate Design contracts reviewed and cleared by State Attorney last year
- Hayward uses the B-word…Bribery (updated)
- No press conference from the city on federal investigation
- How a federal grand jury works