Platts reports the US government expects to level sanctions next week against BP, Transocean and Halliburton for their roles in the Deepwater Horizon disaster. The companies would receive “initial notices of incidents of non-compliance” that might or might not give specific dollar amounts for the penalties, added Melissa Schwartz, spokeswoman for the US Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation and Enforcement. Read more.
- City releases part of the documents
- State Attorney: City must release documents given to federal grand jury
- Inweekly renews its request for public records from the city of Pensacola
- City rules documents prepared for federal grand jury are exempt
- More on how federal grand juries operate and target letters