The Pensacola Fire Department was called to 2019 W. Gregory St. at 1:36 a.m. and the first truck arrived at 1:41 a.m. to find the structure fully involved in flame. (see attachment) Four persons were home at the time of the fire, two adults and two children. The 8 year old and 10 year old sisters perished in the fire. The fire originated in the girls bedroom. The step father attempted to enter the girls bedroom, but the flames were too hot. One firefighter suffered a shoulder injury while fighting the fire. The Red Cross is assisting the family.
- Legislature unlikely to address gambling during August special session
- Jeb Bush to National Urban League: 'There are unjust barriers to opportunity and upward mobility in this country'
- Gov. Rick Scott touts Forbes naming six Florida cities as top job growers
- Poll: 68 percent of Floridians favor clean energy goal
- Jeb Bush’s ‘inclusive’ message to face tough test before African Americans
- NC board approves schools after they cut ties with Newpoint
- Podcast: Bergosh pre-files for County Commission District 1 seat
- Lovett and other Bay County staff part ways with Newpoint
- State may require charter school operators to give more history
- Newpoint Education has attendance problems in Ohio, too