‘For Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, the transition from moderate, gay-friendly, abortion-tolerating Massachusetts governor to a certified social conservative isn’t going smoothly. YouTube and Google have exposed Romney’s shifting policy positions and relatively recent history of liberal behavior.
In 1992, he voted for Democrat Paul Tsongas in the presidential primary.
In a 1994 debate, he promised to be better on gay rights than Ted Kennedy and spoke movingly about why abortion should be safe and legal. Today? He’s hyperpartisan, pro-life, and hostile to gay marriage.
- Jeb Bush's below average charitable giving
- Shots fired between potential Senate rivals Ron DeSantis and Alan Grayson
- New judge to take over abortion restriction lawsuit
- How the Rick Scott administration is undercutting Carlos Lopez-Cantera's senate campaign
- Rep. Carlos Curbelo one of few silent Republicans after Obamacare decision