‘For Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, the transition from moderate, gay-friendly, abortion-tolerating Massachusetts governor to a certified social conservative isn’t going smoothly. YouTube and Google have exposed Romney’s shifting policy positions and relatively recent history of liberal behavior.
In 1992, he voted for Democrat Paul Tsongas in the presidential primary.
In a 1994 debate, he promised to be better on gay rights than Ted Kennedy and spoke movingly about why abortion should be safe and legal. Today? He’s hyperpartisan, pro-life, and hostile to gay marriage.
- Legislature unlikely to address gambling during August special session
- Jeb Bush to National Urban League: 'There are unjust barriers to opportunity and upward mobility in this country'
- Gov. Rick Scott touts Forbes naming six Florida cities as top job growers
- Poll: 68 percent of Floridians favor clean energy goal
- Jeb Bush’s ‘inclusive’ message to face tough test before African Americans
- NC board approves schools after they cut ties with Newpoint
- Podcast: Bergosh pre-files for County Commission District 1 seat
- Lovett and other Bay County staff part ways with Newpoint
- State may require charter school operators to give more history
- Newpoint Education has attendance problems in Ohio, too