The Daily Beast reports on the Republicans’ difficulty in picking its candidate to run against Pres. Barack Obama in 2012. Sarah Palin leads in a recent poll with 19 pts; Mitt Romney 18 pts.; Mike Huckabee, with 17 percent, Newt Gingrich at 15 percent, and Tim Pawlenty, with just 6 percent. Gallup polling this month produces similar results: Romney at 19 percent, Palin at 16 percent, Huckabee at 16 percent, and Gingrich at 13 percent. Read more.
- Donald Trump: Jeb will never be able to secure borders, negotiate deals well, care for vets
- Winner and loser of the week in Fla politics
- Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio hit July 4 parades in New Hampshire
- John Romano column: Gay couples at home in The Villages
- Eyeing Senate bid, Lopez-Cantera faces decision: Stay or go?