The Daily Beast reports on the Republicans’ difficulty in picking its candidate to run against Pres. Barack Obama in 2012. Sarah Palin leads in a recent poll with 19 pts; Mitt Romney 18 pts.; Mike Huckabee, with 17 percent, Newt Gingrich at 15 percent, and Tim Pawlenty, with just 6 percent. Gallup polling this month produces similar results: Romney at 19 percent, Palin at 16 percent, Huckabee at 16 percent, and Gingrich at 13 percent. Read more.
2008 Election Ashton Hayward Billings murders BP Charlie Crist City of Pensacola Clay Ford CMPA COMMUNITY MARITIME PARK David Morgan Don Gaetz Downtown Pensacola economic development ECUA Education election Environment Escambia Co. Politics Escambia County Escambia county commission Escambia Sheriff Florida Florida House Gannett Gene Valentino George Touart Grover Robinson House District 3 Jeff Miller Malcolm Thomas Marty Donovan mayor ashton hayward Media News Journal oil spill Pensacola Pensacola Beach Pensacola City Council Pensacola Politics Port of Pensacola Republicans restore act Santa Rosa County Save Our City University of West Florida
State & National
- U.S. Sen. Bill Nelson seeks local Medicaid expansion solution for Florida
- Uber launches new campaign to get bill across the finish line
- Rick Scott goes positive, again, in fourth ad this spring
- A minimum wage debate breaks out at Rep. Dennis Ross town hall in Tampa
- Another first for DEO: challenging a local land use permit