The Daily Beast reports on the Republicans’ difficulty in picking its candidate to run against Pres. Barack Obama in 2012. Sarah Palin leads in a recent poll with 19 pts; Mitt Romney 18 pts.; Mike Huckabee, with 17 percent, Newt Gingrich at 15 percent, and Tim Pawlenty, with just 6 percent. Gallup polling this month produces similar results: Romney at 19 percent, Palin at 16 percent, Huckabee at 16 percent, and Gingrich at 13 percent. Read more.
- Happy Halloween ... is the election over yet?
- 'Cocaine Congressman' Radel has record expunged
- Man who investigated Secret Service prostitution scandal implicated in prostitution case in Florida
- Fundraising ends for candidates: Halloween horror or joy?
- Team Rick Scott: Time running out and Dems still barely cutting GOP vote lead
- City workers union endorses Mike Lowery for County Commission, District 4
- City employee fired for interference in political races
- City reaches tentative agreement with firefighters union
- Backroom Briefing: GOP, Democrats go to war over women
- First Amendment Foundation asks candidates about their private email accounts and computers