The Times-Picayune is reporting that the House gave voice vote approval to an amendment that would dedicate 80 percent of Clean Water Act fines from the 2010 BP oil spill to a new Gulf Coast Restoration Trust Fund. The vote was a key victory for supporters of using the fine money to finance environmental restoration in the five Gulf states, but only a first step. The amendment still needs Senate approval and enactment of separate legislation, called the RESTORE Act, to designate a formula for distributing the money, which could be in the billions of dollars. Read more.
- Gov. Scott proposes $673 million in cuts in taxes and fees
- Update: Commissioner Robinson wants to bring back confederate flag to Bay Center
- Had a ball in Tallahassee @ AP Legislative Planning Session
- Road Trip: AP Legislative Planning Session
- WSRE: Legislative Review: Dialogue with the Delegation airs on Jan. 29