Ernie Lee Magaha, the Escambia County Clerk of the Court since 1956, filed his suit today seeking to stop the Escambia County Commission from taking the clerk’s oversight of county finances away from his office and creating a new county commission finance department. The suit maintains that the transfer violates the Florida Constitution. The case will be heard by Circuit Court Judge Jones.
- City releases part of the documents
- State Attorney: City must release documents given to federal grand jury
- Inweekly renews its request for public records from the city of Pensacola
- City rules documents prepared for federal grand jury are exempt
- More on how federal grand juries operate and target letters