Ernie Lee Magaha, the Escambia County Clerk of the Court since 1956, filed his suit today seeking to stop the Escambia County Commission from taking the clerk’s oversight of county finances away from his office and creating a new county commission finance department. The suit maintains that the transfer violates the Florida Constitution. The case will be heard by Circuit Court Judge Jones.
2008 Election Ashton Hayward Billings murders BP Charlie Crist City of Pensacola Clay Ford CMPA COMMUNITY MARITIME PARK David Morgan Don Gaetz Downtown Pensacola economic development ECUA Education election Environment Escambia Co. Politics Escambia County Escambia county commission Escambia Sheriff Florida Florida House Gannett Gene Valentino George Touart Grover Robinson House District 3 Jeff Miller Malcolm Thomas Marty Donovan mayor ashton hayward Media News Journal oil spill Pensacola Pensacola Beach Pensacola City Council Pensacola Politics Port of Pensacola Republicans restore act Santa Rosa County Save Our City University of West Florida
State & National
- Florida man caps journey to urge Obama to stop deportations
- Is an out of wedlock child a problem for a congressional candidate?
- Jeb Bush, Rick Scott and former Gov. Martinez: FL Senate should vote on DREAMer tuition bill
- Kendrick Meek among candidates who got illegal donations from Clinton backer
- Rubio headed west for fundraising