Ernie Lee Magaha, the Escambia County Clerk of the Court since 1956, filed his suit today seeking to stop the Escambia County Commission from taking the clerk’s oversight of county finances away from his office and creating a new county commission finance department. The suit maintains that the transfer violates the Florida Constitution. The case will be heard by Circuit Court Judge Jones.
- DOC investigates whistle-blowers, scrubs audio of testimony under oath
- Obama to visit Florida on Wednesday to urge action on climate change
- Climate change group praises Jeb Bush for 'leadership'
- Hillary Clinton staying away from Fla, but her supporters get rolling
- Tallahassee gift 'ban' no end for freebies