Ernie Lee Magaha, the Escambia County Clerk of the Court since 1956, filed his suit today seeking to stop the Escambia County Commission from taking the clerk’s oversight of county finances away from his office and creating a new county commission finance department. The suit maintains that the transfer violates the Florida Constitution. The case will be heard by Circuit Court Judge Jones.
- Karl Rove's advice for Ted Cruz: Stop calling yourself the 'next Marco Rubio'
- Lopez-Cantera huddling with Broward Commissioner LaMarca
- Legal expert: Alan Grayson hedge fund explanation 'complete nonsense'
- Silence of the Pam: Bondi tight-lipped on DEP chief's job status
- Gwen Graham raising money in Tampa