Governor Rick Scott announced yesterday six appointments to the Gulf Consortium. The one most familiar to Pensacola is Collier Merrill, president of the Merrill Land Co. and chairman of Visit Pensacola, Inc.
The Gulf Consortium was created in October 2012 by Inter-local Agreement among Florida’s 23 Gulf Coast counties, from Escambia County in the western panhandle of Florida to Monroe County on the southern tip of Florida and the United States. It was formed to meet requirements of the RESTORE Act to develop a State Expenditure Plan for economic and environmental recovery of the Gulf coast in Florida following the Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Pam Anderson, 64, of Panama City Beach, is the operations manager of Capt. Anderson’s Marina.
- Peter Bos, 67, of Destin, is the president and chief executive officer of Legendary LLC.
- Lino Maldonado, 41, of Niceville, is the vice president of Wyndham Vacation Rentals North America.
- Mike Sole, 49, of Tallahassee, is the vice president of state governmental affairs for Florida Power and Light.
- Neal Wade, 67, of Panama City, is the executive director of the Bay Economic Development Alliance.