Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan raised over $17,000 in the last quarter of 2011 for his re-election campaign. Republican opponent John Powell received $12,850 and spent most of it. As of Dec. 31, Morgan had $38,659 in the bank, according to his campaign report. Powell only had $8,288.
- Legislature unlikely to address gambling during August special session
- Jeb Bush to National Urban League: 'There are unjust barriers to opportunity and upward mobility in this country'
- Gov. Rick Scott touts Forbes naming six Florida cities as top job growers
- Poll: 68 percent of Floridians favor clean energy goal
- Jeb Bush’s ‘inclusive’ message to face tough test before African Americans
- NC board approves schools after they cut ties with Newpoint
- Podcast: Bergosh pre-files for County Commission District 1 seat
- Lovett and other Bay County staff part ways with Newpoint
- State may require charter school operators to give more history
- Newpoint Education has attendance problems in Ohio, too