Last week, the New Orleans City Council instituted a strict curfew for kids 16 and younger in the French Quarter. The idea was, they said, to protect kids. The Los Angeles Times reports that some are criticizing the curfew as being a ploy to keep low income blacks away from the tourists of the quarter. Otherwise, why would it not be citywide? READ “Blacks in New Orleans cry foul over French Quarter curfew”
- Court hears case over redistricting docs, consultant claims conspiracy
- GOP consultant threatens court that its 'intrigity is at stake' over his case
- Crist releases "4,000 lies' response ad to Scott's 'swindle"
- The brand of Duke Energy is poison in Tampa Bay
- Elections panel tosses 'cops as props' complaint against Scott