Last week, the New Orleans City Council instituted a strict curfew for kids 16 and younger in the French Quarter. The idea was, they said, to protect kids. The Los Angeles Times reports that some are criticizing the curfew as being a ploy to keep low income blacks away from the tourists of the quarter. Otherwise, why would it not be citywide? READ “Blacks in New Orleans cry foul over French Quarter curfew”
- April 13 presidential announcement day for Marco Rubio?
- PolitiFact Florida: Checking Jeb Bush's claim about Florida's achievement gap
- Controversial charter school bill wins support in Florida House
- Struggling with gay rights in Jacksonville's mayor race
- Rubio says D.C. residents need guns to achieve the American Dream