North Escambia.com reports that Westboro Baptist Church, the controversial Kansas church known for protesting at military funerals, backed out of a planned protest at Friday afternoon’s funeral of Lance Cpl Travis Nelson in Atmore – thanks to a deal made with the afternoon host of NewsRadio 1620 AM, Branden Rathert, to not protest if the radio station gave them airtime to speak about their beliefs. Read more.
- Marco Rubio is 44 years old (or young)
- House offers up health care bills aimed at cutting costs but they could also ignite turf battles
- Judge ends challenge to marijuana rule, low-THC strain could be sold by end of year
- Obama spokesman says Florida GOP putting politics over poor people in Medicaid fight
- Did Marco Rubio say felons should be barred from voting but get their guns back?