North Escambia.com reports that Westboro Baptist Church, the controversial Kansas church known for protesting at military funerals, backed out of a planned protest at Friday afternoon’s funeral of Lance Cpl Travis Nelson in Atmore – thanks to a deal made with the afternoon host of NewsRadio 1620 AM, Branden Rathert, to not protest if the radio station gave them airtime to speak about their beliefs. Read more.
- Gov. Rick Scott's lawsuit against Obama finds support from Texas, Kansas
- DSCC endorses Patrick Murphy for Senate, but Alan Grayson says he's 'probably going to run'
- Fasano raises doomsday scenario of no state budget by July 1
- PolitiFact Florida: Top 5 most read reports for April
- Gov. Scott reappoints 14 agency heads, with two others in limbo