North Escambia.com reports that Westboro Baptist Church, the controversial Kansas church known for protesting at military funerals, backed out of a planned protest at Friday afternoon’s funeral of Lance Cpl Travis Nelson in Atmore – thanks to a deal made with the afternoon host of NewsRadio 1620 AM, Branden Rathert, to not protest if the radio station gave them airtime to speak about their beliefs. Read more.
- City workers union endorses Mike Lowery for County Commission, District 4
- City employee fired for interference in political races
- City reaches tentative agreement with firefighters union
- Backroom Briefing: GOP, Democrats go to war over women
- First Amendment Foundation asks candidates about their private email accounts and computers