At September Escambia County Commission meeting, a half-dozen disabled citizens and bus drivers appeared before the commissioners to speak against the extension of the ADA contract with Pensacola Bay Transportation (PBT), the Mobile, Ala.-based company that has handled since 2001 transportation for those who are elderly, disabled or low-income in the county. The story behind their protest was upsetting. Read more.
- Hillary Clinton returns to Florida July 31 for National Urban League speech
- Judge lifts stay: Abortion waiting period won't be enforced
- Fla GOP leaders to hold immigration conference call
- Putnam's plea for pre-veto face time with Gov. Scott was ignored
- AG Bondi: Florida to receive $3.25 billion in BP oil spill claims