At September Escambia County Commission meeting, a half-dozen disabled citizens and bus drivers appeared before the commissioners to speak against the extension of the ADA contract with Pensacola Bay Transportation (PBT), the Mobile, Ala.-based company that has handled since 2001 transportation for those who are elderly, disabled or low-income in the county. The story behind their protest was upsetting. Read more.
- The late Tom Slade's unvarnished view of Jeb Bush
- Sizing up the Republican U.S. Senate candidates in Tampa
- Miami Rep. Jose Oliva rose rapidly touting 'free market' ideals
- Bill Nelson 'concerned' with how Clinton campaign handling email controversy; says Biden won't run
- Galvano: Counting on Supreme Court to give lawmakers time to reconvene for redistricting