A glance at the 2014 preseason rosters of the Southeastern Conference and the four closest FBS schools, Southern Mississippi, South Alabama, Troy (Ala.) and Florida State shows the area well represented.
Fifteen players from Pensacola are listed. That number more than doubles when the number from the panhandle (16) is added. Toss in another 13 from the Eastern Shore, which features Daphne, Spanish Fort, Fairhope and Foley. Two more come from Alabama towns located on the line just outside Escambia County.
- Walton County votes to replace Confederate flag with another
- Trump still crushing Bush, Rubio in New Hampshire
- Betty Sembler, anti-drug crusader, honored on U.S. House floor
- Florida Republicans discontinue presidential straw poll again
- Jeb Bush recalls 'dark-skinned' son's experience with discrimination
- NC board approves schools after they cut ties with Newpoint
- Podcast: Bergosh pre-files for County Commission District 1 seat
- Lovett and other Bay County staff part ways with Newpoint
- State may require charter school operators to give more history
- Newpoint Education has attendance problems in Ohio, too