A glance at the 2014 preseason rosters of the Southeastern Conference and the four closest FBS schools, Southern Mississippi, South Alabama, Troy (Ala.) and Florida State shows the area well represented.
Fifteen players from Pensacola are listed. That number more than doubles when the number from the panhandle (16) is added. Toss in another 13 from the Eastern Shore, which features Daphne, Spanish Fort, Fairhope and Foley. Two more come from Alabama towns located on the line just outside Escambia County.
- GOP legislator files bill to open solar market to competition in Florida
- Miami mayor endorses Scott's $250M proposed reform for Enterprise Florida
- Donald Trump expands Florida campaign team with four new staffers
- Sen. Bill Nelson calls for CENTCOM firings if manipulated intelligence reports are true
- Antiabortion group plans Dec. 7 rally at the Capitol