Florida Tribune reports This year’s version of a teacher merit pay bill sailed through the Senate Education Pre-K-12 Committee last week. The bill has been retooled since last year. SB 736 will apply only to new teachers for its first three years, at which point veterans can choose whether they want to opt in. New teachers will be offered annual contracts for their first three years, followed by three-year contracts thereafter. Their pay would be based on a 50/50 combination of FCAT results and individual learning gains. Read more.
- Gov. Scott proposes $673 million in cuts in taxes and fees
- Update: Commissioner Robinson wants to bring back confederate flag to Bay Center
- Had a ball in Tallahassee @ AP Legislative Planning Session
- Road Trip: AP Legislative Planning Session
- WSRE: Legislative Review: Dialogue with the Delegation airs on Jan. 29