From Santa Rosa Co. EOC:
A Tornado Watch is in effect until 7 p.m.
- Storm Information as Currently Forecasted by the National Weather Service
- Current projections indicate a category 1 hurricane at landfall.
- Tuesday afternoon winds of 30-40 mph sustained winds with 50 mph gusts are expected.
- Storm surge is currently forecasted to reach three to five feet.
- Rainfall is forecasted at five to six inches over the next two days.
- Rough surf and dangerous rip currents will continue as swells off of Isaac move up to the coast.
- Tornado risks will increase as the system approaches the coast.
Due to the fact a Tropical Storm Warning may still be in effect on Wednesday morning with winds exceeding 39 MPH making the transporting of students hazardous, the school system will be closed on Wednesday, August 28. Parents and students should prepare to attend school on Thursday, August 30
County offices, including the library system are closed on Tuesday, August 28 and Wednesday, August 29. Offices will open on Thursday, August 30.
The Central Landfill will be open on Wednesday, August 29 at 7 a.m. or as soon as weather conditions allow.
County parks and the Navarre Beach Pier will close on Wednesday, August 29. They will reopen on Thursday, August 30 weather conditions permitting.
The MSBU Public Hearing scheduled for Tuesday, August 28 at 6 p.m. will be continued until September 4 at 6:30 p.m. immediately after the scheduled Budget Public Hearing in the board room located at 6495 Caroline St., Milton. This means the August 28 hearing will not take place.
Santa Rosa Transit will suspend bus service for Wednesday, August 29 resuming service on Thursday, August 30.