The U.S. Supreme Court today refused to halt BP’s payments of claims stemming from 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill. In a one-sentence order issued today, the justices said they wouldn’t put a hold on lower court rulings that require the oil company to begin making the payments, part of a $9.2 billion accord, reported to Bloomberg.
- Groups ask Florida Supreme Court to throw out 2012 redistricting plan
- Bush-Portman ticket would be hard to beat, Clinton friend says
- Winner and loser of the week in Fla politics
- New documents show GOP consultants steered Republican lawmakers in redistricting
- Political Connections video: Remember when Jim Greer was poised to blow up Crist campaign?