FactCheck.org has caught the U.S. Chamber of Commerce misleading the public. The group claims in a TV ad that the Congressional Budget Office says unemployment “could top 9 percent in 2013.” Instead, the CBO’s “alternative fiscal scenario” — which considers the impact of Congress acting as it has in the past — projects next year’s unemployment rate could range from 7.4 percent to 8.9 percent. Read more.
- Jeb Bush to give graduation speech at University of South Carolina
- Finkbeiner joins Rubin Group; Turnbull promoted to executive VP
- Groups ask Florida Supreme Court to throw out 2012 redistricting plan
- Bush-Portman ticket would be hard to beat, Clinton friend says
- Winner and loser of the week in Fla politics