FactCheck.org has caught the U.S. Chamber of Commerce misleading the public. The group claims in a TV ad that the Congressional Budget Office says unemployment “could top 9 percent in 2013.” Instead, the CBO’s “alternative fiscal scenario” — which considers the impact of Congress acting as it has in the past — projects next year’s unemployment rate could range from 7.4 percent to 8.9 percent. Read more.
- Rick Scott admits using private email account, skirting public records law
- Student group calls on Legislature to revisit guns on college campuses
- Gov. Scott reboots press shop, hires new Cabinet affairs aide
- Rep.-elect Carlos Curbelo faces FEC questions
- Legislature prepares legislation to rewrite enviro laws to offset impact of Amendment 1