FactCheck.org has caught the U.S. Chamber of Commerce misleading the public. The group claims in a TV ad that the Congressional Budget Office says unemployment “could top 9 percent in 2013.” Instead, the CBO’s “alternative fiscal scenario” — which considers the impact of Congress acting as it has in the past — projects next year’s unemployment rate could range from 7.4 percent to 8.9 percent. Read more.
- Poll: Cuban-Americans split on Obama’s Cuba policy, divided along generational lines
- Supreme Court denies stay in Florida gay marriage case; couples could marry after Jan. 5
- Rubio says Paul has 'no idea what he's talking about' on Cuba
- How Jeb could snuff out Rubio's presidential hopes: 'We love Marco. We've loved Jeb longer'
- Rick Scott appoints Jim Boxold as next Florida DOT secretary