FactCheck.org has caught the U.S. Chamber of Commerce misleading the public. The group claims in a TV ad that the Congressional Budget Office says unemployment “could top 9 percent in 2013.” Instead, the CBO’s “alternative fiscal scenario” — which considers the impact of Congress acting as it has in the past — projects next year’s unemployment rate could range from 7.4 percent to 8.9 percent. Read more.
2008 Election Ashton Hayward Billings murders BP Charlie Crist City of Pensacola Clay Ford CMPA COMMUNITY MARITIME PARK David Morgan Don Gaetz Downtown Pensacola economic development ECUA Education election Environment Escambia Co. Politics Escambia County Escambia county commission Escambia Sheriff Florida Florida House Gannett Gene Valentino George Touart Grover Robinson House District 3 Jeff Miller Malcolm Thomas Marty Donovan mayor ashton hayward Media News Journal oil spill Pensacola Pensacola Beach Pensacola City Council Pensacola Politics Port of Pensacola Republicans restore act Santa Rosa County Save Our City University of West Florida
- Randy Webb on Mayor Hayward issues a corrected statement on North Hill issue
- jeeperman on Mayor Hayward issues a corrected statement on North Hill issue
- Elizabeth Pickens on Lack of follow-through continues to plague Hayward
State & National
- Outside groups claim role in Jolly's victory
- David Jolly defeats Alex Sink in race with national overtones
- Proposal to take politics out of court pick gets predictably political
- Rubio: CIA story 'more complicated' than what Feinstein suggests
- Gov. Scott launches $2.2 million statewide ad buy, 'Families'