FactCheck.org has caught the U.S. Chamber of Commerce misleading the public. The group claims in a TV ad that the Congressional Budget Office says unemployment “could top 9 percent in 2013.” Instead, the CBO’s “alternative fiscal scenario” — which considers the impact of Congress acting as it has in the past — projects next year’s unemployment rate could range from 7.4 percent to 8.9 percent. Read more.
- Happy Halloween ... is the election over yet?
- 'Cocaine Congressman' Radel has record expunged
- Man who investigated Secret Service prostitution scandal implicated in prostitution case in Florida
- Fundraising ends for candidates: Halloween horror or joy?
- Team Rick Scott: Time running out and Dems still barely cutting GOP vote lead
- City workers union endorses Mike Lowery for County Commission, District 4
- City employee fired for interference in political races
- City reaches tentative agreement with firefighters union
- Backroom Briefing: GOP, Democrats go to war over women
- First Amendment Foundation asks candidates about their private email accounts and computers