The main branch of the West Florida Public Library system, located at 200 W. Gregory St., will be closed from Dec. 15 until Jan. 7, 2013. The closure comes on the tail-end of renovations that began in 2011.
When the expanded library reopens in January, the address will change to 239 N. Spring St. The new facility will feature community meeting rooms, more public computers, a Friends of the Library bookstore and increased parking. The 51,000-square foot main branch is the first city of Pensacola facility to receive LEED certification.
During the branch’s temporary closure, the bookdrop located on the backside of the building will remain open. Patrons may also pickup and return items at one of the other five branches. Items placed on hold may be picked up at the westside branch, located at 1580 W. Cervantes St.