From the Guardian: 369,629 people died on America’s roads between 2001 and 2009. Following its analysis of UK casualties last week, transport data mapping experts ITO World have taken the official data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration – and produced this powerful map using OpenStreetMap. You can zoom around the map using the controls on the left or search for your town using the box on the right. Each dot represents a life. See here.
2008 Election Ashton Hayward Billings murders BP Charlie Crist City of Pensacola Clay Ford CMPA COMMUNITY MARITIME PARK David Morgan Don Gaetz Downtown Pensacola ECUA election Environment Escambia Co. Politics Escambia County Escambia county commission Escambia Sheriff Florida Florida House Gannett Gene Valentino George Touart Grover Robinson House District 3 Jeff Miller Malcolm Thomas Marty Donovan mayor ashton hayward Media News Journal oil spill Pensacola Pensacola Beach Pensacola City Council pensacola international airport Pensacola Politics Port of Pensacola Republicans restore act Rick Scott Santa Rosa County Save Our City University of West Florida
- Nominees for PSC posts include Patronis, Murzin and Brown
- Climate activists protest but candidates for PSC ignore the issue
- Medical cannabis concerns unfounded, Amendment 2 organizer says
- Teachers union, school boards association unveil voucher lawsuit
- A sample of substance from the text messages that didn't exist