The American democracy’s greatest achievement―fair elections―is at risk because of outdated and inefficient voter registration systems, according to a report by the Pew Center on the States. The study calculates that 24 million voters―about one in eight―have invalid or inaccurate registrations. The study estimates that 2 million of the nation’s registered voters are deceased, 2.75 voters are registered in more than one state, and 12 million registrations have incorrect residential addresses. Read report.
- City workers union endorses Mike Lowery for County Commission, District 4
- City employee fired for interference in political races
- City reaches tentative agreement with firefighters union
- Backroom Briefing: GOP, Democrats go to war over women
- First Amendment Foundation asks candidates about their private email accounts and computers