The American democracy’s greatest achievement―fair elections―is at risk because of outdated and inefficient voter registration systems, according to a report by the Pew Center on the States. The study calculates that 24 million voters―about one in eight―have invalid or inaccurate registrations. The study estimates that 2 million of the nation’s registered voters are deceased, 2.75 voters are registered in more than one state, and 12 million registrations have incorrect residential addresses. Read report.
- Court hears case over redistricting docs, consultant claims conspiracy
- GOP consultant threatens court that its 'intrigity is at stake' over his case
- Crist releases "4,000 lies' response ad to Scott's 'swindle"
- The brand of Duke Energy is poison in Tampa Bay
- Elections panel tosses 'cops as props' complaint against Scott