The American democracy’s greatest achievement―fair elections―is at risk because of outdated and inefficient voter registration systems, according to a report by the Pew Center on the States. The study calculates that 24 million voters―about one in eight―have invalid or inaccurate registrations. The study estimates that 2 million of the nation’s registered voters are deceased, 2.75 voters are registered in more than one state, and 12 million registrations have incorrect residential addresses. Read report.
- Donald Trump: Jeb will never be able to secure borders, negotiate deals well, care for vets
- Winner and loser of the week in Fla politics
- Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio hit July 4 parades in New Hampshire
- John Romano column: Gay couples at home in The Villages
- Eyeing Senate bid, Lopez-Cantera faces decision: Stay or go?