The American democracy’s greatest achievement―fair elections―is at risk because of outdated and inefficient voter registration systems, according to a report by the Pew Center on the States. The study calculates that 24 million voters―about one in eight―have invalid or inaccurate registrations. The study estimates that 2 million of the nation’s registered voters are deceased, 2.75 voters are registered in more than one state, and 12 million registrations have incorrect residential addresses. Read report.
- Miami Herald sues Department of Corrections over withholding records
- Rubio in Nevada: Get rid of the federal Education Department
- Special session fizzles, but fundraising was strong for key Florida Senate leaders
- Jeb opening Fla HQ in Tampa next week
- Jack Latvala: How dare anyone question my GOP loyalty