ARC Gateway sent out an official press release regarding the death of its executive director, Donna Fassett. Two years ago, Donna wrote this piece on the life lessons that she has learned at ARC.
33 Years of Service & 33 Life Lessons And Beliefs
By Donna Fassett
There are so many memories and so many lessons I have learned over the years that I felt the need to share. But the best lessons and beliefs have come from the people we serve – they will always be in my heart.
1. We all have dreams.
2. We all have talents.
3. We all have abilities.
4. We all need to be heard
5. We are all capable.
6. We all belong.
7. Every day I am blessed in hundreds of ways by hundreds of people.
8. I am grateful for our caring and compassionate staff and volunteers.
9. Hugs brighten my day.
10. Every day is a celebration.
11. Small achievements = biggest rewards.
12. ARC is a family—my family.
13. I believe in the mission of ARC Gateway.
14. Every idea is worth exploring.
15. Laughter is good medicine.
16. Relationships are what matter most.
17. We are all links in life’s chain.
18. Every person has worth, everyone has value.
19. The world is ours to explore.
20. Be passionate about what you do.
21. The best thing in life is doing what others say you can’t.
22. Show people you care by what you do.
23. There are no strangers.
24. One can never wear too many hats or have too many black shoes.
25. I am fortunate to live in a community where people reach out to one another.
26. Everything is better with ice cream.
27. Prayers work.
28. When things get tough—Yankee up!
29. Everyone deserves a chance.
30. Never give up!
31. Look for the best in everyone.
32. I am thankful for Charlie and the support of my family and friends.
33. I am thankful for thirty-three wonderful years.
(reprinted from the November 2012 Red Wagon)