VISITATION DURING COVID AT BAPTIST HEALTH CARE HOSPITALS
Baptist Hospital and Gulf Breeze Hospital Only
- One visitor at a time will be allowed to visit a hospital inpatient.
- No visitors will be allowed who have COVID-19 symptoms, as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Visitors will be provided a visitor badge which must be displayed and visible during the entirety of the visit.
- No children under the age of 18 are permitted to visit.
At the discretion of the hospital staff, a visitor may be asked to leave as the situation warrants.
Behavioral Medicine Center (Behavioral Health Inpatient Departments Only)
Per state of Florida guidelines, there is no visitation allowed to adult mental health treatment facilities at this time. Youth visitation is limited to parents/guardians only. No siblings or anyone under the age of 18 are allowed to visit.
Because of Jay Hospital’s designation to provide skilled nursing care, more rigid visitation requirements apply. Therefore, a no visitation policy will remain in place.
A visitor whose presence is essential to the care of a patient may be allowed to visit. “Essential” is defined as one or more of the following:
- Patients who may be impaired and require a support person to care for them
- Patients with disruptive behavior in which a support person is key to their care
- Patients who have altered mental status or developmental delays (in which support person is key to their safe care)
- Patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian.
- For patients receiving end of life care, our team will arrange visitation times with loved ones. During such times, your questions and concerns will be addressed.