* Pensacola Beach and Perdido Key remain open. Water is clear and air quality is good.
* Escambia County, in conjunction with the University of West Florida, is collecting Gulf water samples from Santa Rosa Island and Perdido Key on a weekly basis. These samples are being taken to indicate any changes in water quality.
* All local fishing areas remain open.
* According to the NOAA oil plume model, the spill is 65 miles southwest of Pensacola.
* No direct surface oil impacts are expected on county shores within the next 72 hours.
* Gulf coast residents may detect an odor because of the oil spill. Some are more sensitive to these odors and may experience nasal irritation and feelings of nausea. In combination with seasonal allergies or pre-existing respiratory conditions, some may experience more severe symptoms. For Air Quality Reports, see http://www.epa.gov/bpspill/air.html
* The Escambia County Health Department released advice to residents who are experiencing symptoms from odors.