During his campaign, Sheriff-elect David Morgan outlined his plans for the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office. The daily newspaper has packaged those campaign promises into an article.
1. Hiring more deputies – Go from 228 on patrol to 290-295.
2. Restructuring the sheriff’s office – 65% of ECSO should be doing police work.
3. Increasing pay – starting pay to $35,000, up from current $29,905.
4. Training – even for sergeants and lieutenants.
5. Creating a strategic plan for each Sheriff’s Office precinct – plan? That will be a big change