Thumbtack.com, in partnership with the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, has released the new results from the second annual Thumbtack.com Small Business Survey. The 2013 study draws upon data from over 7,000 small business owners nationwide and shows that Florida slipped slightly, dropping from a ‘C’ overall grade in 2012 to a ‘C-‘ this year.
Northwest Florida scored the lowest in the state, Northeast Florida the highest.
On a scale of 1 (lowest) to 10 (highest):
1. Over all small business friendliness: 7
2. Ease of starting a small business: 7
3. Ease of hiring a new employee: 1
4. Overall regulatory friendliness: 1
5. Friendliness of health and safety regulations: 1
6. Friendliness of employment, labor, and hiring regulations: 1
7. Friendliness of tax code: 1
8. Friendliness of licensing regulations: 3
9. Friendliness of environmental regulations: 4
10.Friendliness of zoning regulations: 2
11. Availability of helpful training or networking program: 2