Escambia Disaster Response – Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill
Monday, May 24 – 4:30 p.m. – Update #29
* Pensacola Beach and Perdido Key remain open. Water is clear and air quality is good.
* All local fishing areas remain open.
* According to the NOAA oil plume model, the spill is 55 miles southwest of Pensacola.
* No direct surface oil impacts are expected on county shores within the next 72 hours.
British Petroleum (BP)
* BP has reported over 2,847 claims in the state with approximately $1,724,520 paid to date.
* There are 128 of 1,104 contracts activated for the Vessels of Opportunity Program in Florida.