Sanitation customers in the cleanup area must place items curbside by 7 a.m. on the day of the cleanup.
Please note that items left curbside outside of the cleanup area will not be collected. Please see the cleanup map for details.
Items eligible for removal include:
- Household appliances and electronics
- Household junk and debris
- Furniture and mattresses
- Barbecue grills (no propane tanks)
- Bicycles and toys
- Old paint and paint cans
Items not eligible for removal include:
- Building materials (concrete, bricks, blocks, roofing, drywall or more than one cubic yard of lumber)
- Household or pool chemicals
- Herbicides or pesticides
- Explosives or ammunition
- Auto parts
- Dirt or sod
- Propane tanks
- Garbage or yard trash
Through the Mayor’s Neighborhood Cleanup program, all city neighborhoods have a cleanup once a year during the months of January through October. In addition to Sanitation Services collecting items left at the curb, Code Enforcement conducts a sweep of the cleanup area and addresses any code violations.
As a reminder, Pensacola Sanitation customers can keep up with Mayor’s Neighborhood Cleanups and collection schedule changes through the Recycle Coach app.
- The Recycle Coach app is a free resource, available now to download on the Apple App Store or Google Play.
- Recycle Coach can also be used via the online web app on the Recycle Coach website or City of Pensacola website.
To use Recycle Coach, City of Pensacola Sanitation customers can search “Pensacola” in the app, then select “Pensacola, Florida, USA (City of Pensacola).”