Two community information meetings are scheduled with county leaders, staff and representatives from BP and DEP:
· Navarre Beach Visitor Information Center located at 8543 Navarre Parkway (U.S. Hwy 98) in Navarre, at noon, Monday, May 3
· An “One Island” meeting with officials from both Santa Rosa County, the SRIA, and Escambia County at the Pensacola Beach Community Church located at 916 Panferio Drive on Pensacola Beach at 2 p.m., Monday, May 3
NOAA Closes Commercial and Recreational Fishing in Oil-Affected Portion of Gulf of Mexico
· NOAA is restricting fishing for a minimum of ten days in federal waters most affected by the BP oil spill, largely between Louisiana state waters at the mouth of the Mississippi River to waters off Florida’s Pensacola Bay. The closure is effective immediately.
· Details can be found at: http://sero.nmfs.noaa.gov/
· Fishermen who wish to contact BP about a claim should call (800) 440-0858.