Allegiant announced yesterday new, nonstop service to Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport (VPS) from 11 cities, which it called “the largest single expansion into Florida in the company’s history.”
The Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport will now serve as a seasonal base of operations for the airline due to the strong demand for service to the popular destination.
Allegiant also introduced at a press conference the new routes with fares as low as $42*.
1. Kansas City, Mo. (MCI)– begins May 3, 2017 with fares as low as $49*
2. Austin, Texas (AUS)– begins May 4, 2017 with fares as low as $56*
3. Cleveland (CLE)– begins May 12, 2017 with fares as low as $42*
4. Louisville, Ky. (SDF)– begins May 24, 2017 with fares as low as $65*
5. Peoria, Illinois (PIA)– begins May 24, 2017 with fares as low as $69*
6. Columbus, Ohio (LCK)– begins May 25, 2017 with fares as low as $65*
7. Springfield, Mo.(SGF) – begins May 25, 2017 with fares as low as $59*
8. Indianapolis (IND) – begins May 26, 2017 with fares as low as $56*
9. Pittsburgh (PIT)– begins May 31, 2017 with fares as low as $42*
10. Washington D.C. / Baltimore (BWI)– begins May 31, 2017 with fares as low as $59*
11. Newark, N.J. (EWR)– begins June 6, 2017 with fares as low as $49*
Flight days and times can be found at Allegiant.com.
“We are pleased to bring more convenient, low-cost travel options to more communities,” said Allegiant Chief Operating Officer, Jude Bricker. “Our partnerships with Emerald Coast Convention and Visitors Bureau and Visit Florida will only strengthen the success of these new routes, and the desire to escape to this sunny, beach oasis on Florida’s Emerald Coast.”
Tracy Stage, A.A.E. Airports Director, Okaloosa County Airports said, “Allegiant has absolutely changed our horizon and commitment to VPS, Okaloosa County, the Northwest Region and the State of Florida.”
Stage added, “The economic impacts of a new base and 11 new nonstop flights will bring tremendous growth and direct connections our area has never seen. We are thrilled and look forward to a very successful 2017.”
*About the introductory one-way fares
Seats are limited. Price includes taxes and fees. Fares are one way and not available on all flights. Flights must be purchased by Jan. 13, 2017 for travel by Aug. 15, 2017. Price displayed reflects purchase by debit card; purchase by credit card subject to surcharge not to exceed $8 each way per passenger. See Allegiant.com for details. For optional services and baggage fees, please visit Allegiant.com. Additional restrictions may apply.