When school starts on August 24, the Escambia County (FLA) School District’s Food Service Department will be providing a drive-thru, meal pick-up service for ECSD students planning to participate in distance learning. To help them plan how many meals to prepare, they need to know how many families plan to utilize this resource. In order to designate pick-up locations, they would like to learn from parents which school locations would be the most convenient.
Parents with students who have chosen distance learning are asked to go into their Focus Parent Portal Account by Monday, August 17th and complete the Meal Pick-up form. The form needs to be completed for each student. The feedback received will help the Food Service Department determine the final distribution sites based on need.
Here is information that might help parents make their decision:
· Meal pick up is only for students enrolled in the Escambia County School District.
· Breakfast and lunch food items will be distributed together in the same visit.
· Pick-up times vary based on school sites: Tentative times are: elementary school sites will be open 6:30 – 7:00 a.m., middle school sites will be open 7:30 – 8:00 a.m. and high school sites will be open 7:00 – 7:30 a.m.
· Meals do not have to be picked up from the school the student is enrolled in.
· Parents can pick up for all students at one location.
· All schools with the exception of Ransom Middle School and West Florida High School (they do not have breakfast programs) are on the list with the pick-up time next to it.
A final plan with school sites and the hours for pick-up will be available around August 21st. It will be posted on the Food Service Department’s website, District social media pages and will be provided to local media.
POC: Jaleena Davis MS, RD, Director, School Food Services, firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 850-469-5625