List of City-Permitted Event Cancellations
The action was taken in an abundance of caution and in response to a recommendation from Gov. Ron DeSantis that municipalities consider limiting or postponing mass gatherings in the state of Florida.
- Battle of the Badges – March 22
- Blues on the Bay – March 29
- Ciclovia – March 28
- Deluna Du Youth Duathlon – March 29
- East Hill Neighborhood Association Fish Fry – March 21
- Gallery Night – March 20
- Gulf Coast Science Festival – March 27-29
- Palafox Market – Saturdays through the end of March (including Saturday, March 14)
- Pensacola VegFest – March 28
- Smokin’ in the Square – March 20-22
- Walk the Talk for Epilepsy – May 2
This only applies to events that are permitted through Escambia County or the City of Pensacola. It does not include schools, churches, or other private events. Event organizers are encouraged to use their discretion and follow the directions of officials from the Florida Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to determine if event cancellations are necessary.
The city will work with event organizers to reschedule events as needed. Currently, the county does not have any publicly-permitted events that would be affected.
Residents are encouraged to use their discretion when it comes to attending public events.