The fire is currently contained, with City of Milton Fire Department addressing hot spots.
· Structural Only Inspection Summary:
Santa Rosa County Inspection & Compliance Department visited the site of the Downtown Milton fire and found fairly minor structural damage to the majority of the exterior walls. The South side, front/center appears to need engineered stabilization or removal. The North (rear) has major damage to the center portion of the masonry walls. Additionally, the East (behind the theater) has major masonry wall damage. Interior damage to the theater is minor, with exception of the balcony area on the West. Support beam appears to have twisted/rolled pulling the joist away from the beam.
· Caroline Street/U.S. Hwy. 90 is now closed between Canal and Willing Streets until further notice. Ward Basin Road has been reopened.
· The State Fire Marshal and ATF’s investigation into the cause of the fire is currently underway. Officials from both agencies have been on scene since last night.
· Damage is estimated at $2 million.
· The Imogene Theater is structurally sound. While the building sustained fire, smoke and water damage, it is expected to be salvageable.