The Association of Fundraising Professionals, West Florida Chapter proudly announced recipients of the 2020 National Philanthropy Day awards during its virtual celebration.
- Melissa Stephany Johnson was named the 2020 Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser of the Year. This award is for individuals with a proven track record of ongoing, significant time and commitment for one or more organizations.
- The Faith Health Network of Baptist Health Care was named the 2020 Outstanding Faith-Based Organization of the Year. This award is for an organization that gives of itself to motivate and support its members’ service-related efforts and exhibits above-and-beyond qualities of service and giving.
- The Birthday Party was named the 2020 Philanthropic Service Organization of the Year. This award recognizes a community-based organization that is not otherwise connected to a foundation or business, whose grant programs, donations and charitable activities significantly enrich the community.
- Coastal Moving and Storage was named the 2020 Philanthropic Business of the Year. This award honors a corporation or business in Northwest Florida that demonstrates outstanding commitment through financial support, encouragement and motivation of others to take leadership roles toward philanthropy and community involvement.
- Ora Wills was named the 2020 Philanthropist of the Year. This award recognizes exceptional generosity and civic responsibility demonstrated by significant financial contributions to charitable organizations in the community.