FDOH finally released the Friday, May 15 statistic. Escambia County had 11 new positive COVID-19 case and another death – which brought the death count to 20 for the county. DOH Escambia entered 245 new test results into the Merlin system – 4.5% were positive.
FDOH released the latest death figures for long-term care facilities – total 15:
Bayside: 5 residents
Southern Oaks: 4 residents and 1 staff
Brookdale: 4 residents
Arcadia Health: 1 resident
|11 a.m.||11 a.m.||Increase|
Governor DeSantis announced Executive Order 20-123, which brings all Florida counties into Full Phase 1: Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step. Plan for Florida’s Recovery effective May 18. The order provides the following:
- Restaurants and food establishments statewide may allow on-premises consumption of food and beverages so long as they adopt appropriate social distancing measures and limit their indoor occupancy to no more than 50 percent of seating capacity. Outdoor seating is permissible with a minimum of six feet between parties.
- Retail sales establishments statewide may open storefronts if they operate at no more than 50 percent of their building occupancy and abide by the safety guidelines issued by the CDC and OSHA.
- Museums and libraries statewide may open at 50 percent of their building occupancy if permitted by local governments.
- Gyms and fitness centers statewide are permitted to reopen at 50 percent of their building occupancy with social distancing in place and sanitization after each use of equipment.
For the Governor’s presentation click HERE.
- Professional sports may resume operations
- Amusement parks may submit a reopening plan
- Vacation rentals may seek approval to operate through their county
Palafox Market @ SCI Returns
The market will take place from 10 a.m.- 1 p.m. All of the vendors are to wear gloves and face masks, and provide an option for contactless payment. Saturday’s market will be a traditional walking market!
The vendors for Saturday’s market are:
· Stewart Farms- A large variety of fresh vegetables including: cucumbers, cabbage, carrots, zucchini and more!
· Kneading Keto- Selling diabetic & keto friendly bread loaves, pizza crusts, cookies and more! Also, hand pies!
· Thrive Health- Elderberry and immune boosting syrups and goods!
· Fruitbless- Mango and Passion fruit juices along with tasty baked empanadas!
· Southern Treats Kettle Corn- Kettle corn flavors galore!
· Frank’s Daily Bread- Homemade Italian meals and baked breads!
· Eli’s Sweet Treats- A delicious variety of rum and butter pecan cakes!
· A Gift from Africa- Baobab fruit products and Moringa products to boost your immune system!
· Hill A Beans-Yummy black bean brownies and jams!
· Aunt Mandy’s Treats- Delicious Brazilian pastries and treats!
· Beach Bird Botanicals- Luxurious, handmade bath soaps!
· Crescent Moon Creations- One of a kind dream catchers!
· Jordan’s Custom Woodwork- Stunning wood pieces, including charcuterie boards!
· Dennis Boyce Art – Beautiful art work!
· ID Jewelry Designs- Lovely and unique jewelry!