On Tuesday, the Escambia County School Board will vote to appoint the Superintendent Citizen Advisory Committee, which will help the board narrow down the applicants to be the district’s first appointed superintendent.
Each board member has nominated four people, and two union representatives have also been nominated.
Of the 20 nominations made by the school board, eight either work for the school distract or have retired from the district–40%. Former ECSD Assistant Superintendent Paul Fetsko nominated three people with ties to the district, and former Woodham High principal Bill Slayton nominated two.
Two are Inweekly Rising Stars and part of the Pensacola Young Professionals – one of which, Walker Wilson, led the referendum battle to get the superintendent job switched from elected to appointed. Board chair Patty Hightower nominated both Wilson and Chuntell Patterson.
District 1 – Kevin Adams
- Keith Hoskins, senior vice president of Greater Pensacola Navy Federal Credit Union.
- Brad Huggins, AT&T communications engineer.
- Willie Kirkland, Jr., owner/president of trucking company, ran against Adams in 2016.
- Matthew Taylor, assistant principal of Beulah Elementary School.
District 2 – Paul Fetsko
- Ronnie Arnold, 25-year veteran of Escambia School District serving as teacher, coach and administrator.
- Nettie Eaton, over 40 years in education as high school principal and assistant principal, director of middle schools and elementary school principal.
- Ronald Rivera, director of development Chip Simmons for Sheriff.
- Joe Snyder, principal of Brown Barge Middle School.
District 3 – Laura Edler
- Dr. Joseph Herzog, professor in the UWF Department of Social Work.
- Diane Mack, president of Diane Mack Advertising, former Pensacola City Council member.
- Carol McIntosh, retired Escambia School District administrator, board member of Movement for Change.
- Rev. Carl Reeves, pastor of the Greater Mount Lily Missionary Baptist Church.
District 4 – Patty Hightower
- Dr. Kimberly Krupa, executive director of Achieve Escambia.
- Chuntell Patterson, listing specialist at Realty Masters of FL, Inweekly Rising Star.
- Russell F. Queen, principal of A.K. Suter Elementary School.
- Walker Wilson, lumber broker, Inweekly Rising Star, former PYP president.
District 5 – Bill Slayton
- Walter Jay Armstrong, US Coast Guard commander.
- Jennifer Grove, vice president external relations at Baptist Health Care.
- Regina Lipnick, principal of Ransom Middle School.
- Robin T. Venettozzi, retired 35-year Tate High School teacher.
- Donna Harper, Pensacola, educator for 47 years, present of the location teachers’ union Escambia Education Association.
- David Elzbeck, Pensacola, president Escambia School School District Educational Support Personnel union.
The school board meets at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 21.