Through partnership with local government and a consortium of community organizations, CareerSource Escarosa will offer Skill Assessment Tests to Escambia County residents as part of the Escarosa Community Occupational Talent Search (E-COTS), a targeted workforce development initiative.
Results obtained from the skill assessments will help to identify and assess local resident’s skill levels, educational obtainments, employability within current demand occupations, and identify future workforce needs.
A series of assessment tests will be offered at community organizations throughout Escambia County beginning October 2, 2014. All Escambia County residents who are seeking employment, looking to further their career, or enhance their skills and education, are urged to participate in this free program.
E-COTS participants will have access to a variety of no-cost programs and services offered through CareerSource Escarosa which include; educational workshops, career training and guidance, tuition assistance, skill enhancement sessions, and more.
Community partners for the ECOT-S workforce initiative include the City of Pensacola, Escambia County Board of County Commissioners, Escambia Department of Community Affairs and the Greater Pensacola Chamber.
Testing sessions are available at 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. at the following locations:
· October 2: Wedgewood Community Center – 111 Berkley Dr., Pensacola, FL 32503
· October 9: Woodland Heights Resource Center – 6505 Wagner Rd., Pensacola, FL 32505
· October 16: Brownsville Community Center – 3100 W. DeSoto St., Pensacola, FL 32505
· October 23: Lexington Community Center – 700 S. Old Corry Field Rd., Pensacola, FL 32505
· October 30: Carver Community Center – 7040 Jefferson Ave., Century, FL 32535
A basic skill assessment is required for program participation. To register, call (850) 607-8750 or visit careersourceescarosa.com/ECOTS.