The Escambia County School Board has announced the schedule for the Superintendent Selection Finalists’ interviews and virtual “Meet and Greet” interviews for this Thursday, August 27, 2020.
Both sessions will be available for viewing by the community three ways:
- Go to the Escambia County School District’s School Board Meeting Information page, https://ecsd-fl.schoolloop.com/sb_meeting_1415and use the “Live Board Meeting Stream” link at the top of the page. The recordings will be available later on the Board Meeting Information page.
- Watch on Facebook LIVE by going to the Facebook page, Escambia Schools Public Relations, https://www.facebook.com/ecsd.publicThe recordings will be posted on Facebook after each Live session.
- Go to the ECSD Home page, ecsd-fl.schoolloop.comand use the Youtube icon to go to the ECSD Youtube channel, https://www.youtube.com/c/ECSDFlorida The recordings will posted there following the interviews.
SUPERINTENDENT FINALIST INTERVIEWS: Each finalist will have one and a half hours to be interviewed by the School Board as a panel. The schedule will be:
- 8:30 AM: Interview – Dr. Earl Johnson
- 10:30 AM: Interview – Keith Rittel
- 1:15 PM: Interview – Dr. Timothy Smith
- 3:15 PM: Interview – Keith Leonard
The Community Meet and Greet reception has been replaced with interviews set for Thursday evening that will also be available for viewing all three ways listed above. The Community will be invited to submit their questions by visiting the District’s Homepage, ecsd-fl.schoolloop.com, on August 27th and using the link to a short survey form.
SUPERINTENDENT FINALISTS’ “Meet and Greet” INTERVIEWS: Each finalist will have 15 minutes to answer questions submitted by members of the community that day by using the survey link on the district’s homepage. The schedule will be:
- 6:20 PM: Dr. Earl Johnson
- 6:40 PM: Keith Rittel
- 7:00 PM: Dr. Timothy Smith
- 7:20 PM: Keith Leonard
Finalists’ applications, as well as their written and video recorded answers to a set of questions, are still available on: https://ecsd-fl.schoolloop.com/superintendentsearch
The finalists will also meet one at a time with each School Board member on Friday, August 28. The Board members will then meet on September 1, 2020, at 5:30 p.m. to select the new Escambia County School Superintendent. That meeting will also be available for viewing as described above.